Similarities between Gorillas and Chimpanzees : Chimpanzees and the Mountain Gorillas are the most tourist attractions in East African Countries like; Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo therefore tourists who would love to go for chimpanzee trekking and Gorilla trekking can best do so from Virunga National park in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mgahinga Gorilla national park and Bwindi Impenetrable national park in Uganda and Volcanoes National park in Rwanda.
The mountain Gorillas and the chimpanzees are both primate species however these species are from different tribes whereby the Mountain gorillas belong to the Gorillini tribe and the chimpanzees belong to Hominini tribe but they are known to be similar in many ways which include the following;
- The chimpanzees and the mountain Gorillas both share 90% of their DNA with humans and are both social and friendly while in the presence of humans.
- Both the Chimpanzees and the Mountain Gorillas have the same physical features whereby they all walk on four legs, they have opposable thumbs and fingernails and toes hairly bodies, strong arms, grasping fingers among others.
- Both the gorillas and chimpanzees have a long life span compared to other wildlife animals in the national parks.
- Both Gorillas and the chimpanzees are intelligent creatures for example the chimpanzees always use their brains to come up with a solution of solving their problems when they are in trouble.
- Both gorillas and chimpanzees are found within the East African countries such as; Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Both gorillas and chimpanzees are known to be peaceful and friendly creatures however, they all wage war when their peace happens to be disturbed that is why it is advisable for visitors to always keep at a distance while in their presence inorder to avoid harm between the animals and the humans.
- More so, both the gorillas and the chimpanzees are known to be playful animals whereby they are always seen spending most of their free time having fun while playing which helps them build their strong social bonds and co-operative attitudes among themselves. And this is normally observed by the behavioral scientists and the ethologists who spend most time with them, Similarities between Gorillas and Chimpanzees .
- Both the chimpanzees and the mountain Gorillas are both endangered species that trekkers take a lot of time to track them and after they are being located, tourists are always given enough time to interact and associate with them and it is during this period of time when tourists get to learn about the behaviours and characters of these primate species for example how they eat and feed their young ones. More so, they always get opportunities to record videos and take pictures to show their people back. However, during this process of taking pictures, the use of flashligts in the phones and cameras is prohibited.
- Furthermore, both mountain gorillas and the chimpanzees are great apes that live within the forested areas, swampy areas, savanna grasslands as their natural habitats and this is where these primate species are easily trekked and located.
- Both the chimpanzees and the gorillas have the leaders who leads all other members in the group for example the mountain gorillas have only one dominant silver back who leads all other females in the gorilla family and the chimpanzees any male takes over the leardership when need rises.
- More so, both the chimpanzees and the mountain gorillas are able to upright on their four legs, Similarities between Gorillas and Chimpanzees .
- Both mountain gorillas and the chimpanzees have one offspring at a time and this is when the mountain gorillas be pregnant for 8.5 months and the chimpanzees get pregnant for 8 months while the chimpanzees produce after 5 years, mountain gorillas produce after 2 years.
- Both Gorillas and mountain Gorillas are known to be herbivorous animals that feed on fruits and leaves.
- Both chimpanzees and mountain Gorillas are more like humans, for example, they know how to smile, they are good at cultivating friendships, they are social and more so, they are known to be fair and moral creatures whereby they are friendly but only tend to be violent only when their peace is being disturbed.
- Both mountain gorillas and chimpanzees are mammal species which have similar larger grains compared to their body weight.
- Both mountain gorillas and chimpanzees have broad chests.
- More so, both chimpanzees and mountain gorillas are intelligent creatures.