3Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour
3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour is a short safari tour that takes you through one of Uganda’s destinations known as Mgahinga Gorilla National park where travellers can be able to engage in is the most done activity famously known as Gorilla trekking experience. The park is located in the south western region of Uganda approximately 9 to 10 hours by drive. This trip starts from Kampala city and ends in Kampala/Entebbe.
Highlights of the 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking safari tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Visit the Batwa trail
Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Transfer to Mgahinga: You will wake early in the morning from your hotel in Kampala, have breakfast and organise yourself early to be picked up by our safari drive –guide, briefs you about the 3 days Mgahinga gorilla trekking safaris. Then after starting your journey at around 7:30 am to Kisoro district. You shall have a stopover at the equator in Kayabwe to experience that warmest temperature as well as getting fun through photo taking. After proceeding to Mbarara for our next stopover at Igongo Cultural Center for lunch. After lunch, continue the joinery to Mgahinga, arriving at the park late evening, check-in at the lodge in Mgahinga National park for dinner and overnight. Accommodation Option Mt. Muhabura Climbers Rest Camp, Mount Gahinga Lodge, and Government Camp
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga National park
- Gorilla trekking: You wake early in the morning at around 5:30 am have breakfast as you prefer for the most done activity on safari in the park. Your driver will pick you up from the lodge with pack lunch box, the guide will drive you to the park headquarters for the briefing before the starting time of the morning, when the briefing is done, you will be led by well-trained rangers who will take you through the gorilla trekking in their nature habitant as you will trek in the forest trails, you’re free to ask questions about Mountain gorillas. The trek can take 2 to 8 hours depending on the location of the gorilla family in the park. Once you find a gorilla family, your given one hour watching them face to face with creature in their nature habits, see them how they play, grooming their young ones, swinging on tree branches as for you take photos. Along the forest trails, you should keep eyes widely open in order to see other stunning species in Bamboo forest such as monkeys, bird species as well as listening to their sweet melodies.
- Batwa Cultural Experience: After trekking, you can drive to Batwa trails where you can meet with the people who used to leave with gorillas in the forest known as Batwa people who will entertain you with their amazing local dances, storytelling, teach you how they prepare their local food to have a taste. You drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Back to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: After breakfast, check out of the lodge, your driver will pick up from your lodge to drive back to Kampala. You shall use the Mbarara route, have lunch en route at the Igongo culture centre. After lunch visits the craft shops around to buy some souvenir things to go back with then proceed to Kampala city to be dropped to your hotel or Entebbe Airport for your flight.
End of 3 Days Mgahinga gorilla trekking Safari Tour