3 Days Murchison Falls Tour
3 Days Murchison Falls Tour is a short Uganda tour package that will give travellers a great chance of exploring a variety of wildlife species. Murchison falls national park is positioned in the north-western part of Uganda, approximately 310km from north of the capital city of Uganda ‘’Kampala’’. The park is known as a home variety of mammals such as the big 4 which are elephants, buffaloes, lions, giraffes, warthogs, bushbuck, waterbucks, Nile crocodile, hippos among others, over 470 bird species which include the unique shoebill, Grey-crowned Crane, Great Blue Turaco thus giving you unforgettable travel safari in Murchison falls national park.
Highlights of the 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park & Evening game drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Day 3: Chimpanzee Trekking and transfer back to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Transfer to Murchison Fall: Depending on your location in Kampala/Entebbe, meet your safari guide and set off to Murchison falls national park in northwestern part at 8am. Drive to Murchison falls national park on your way you will have a stopover at Luweero, buy some fruits at Luwero market then after continue to the next stopover which will be at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary participate in amazing Rhino trekking accompanied by experienced guide which can take 1-hour trekking. After having your lunch at Amuka lodge, transfer to Murchison falls national park.
- Ferry Crossing: You will have a ferry crossing to step on the boundary of the Murchison since the park is bisected with waters of Victoria Nile as you will be welcomed by many baboons. You will see them as they play around the lodge you will sleep in. Have rest, dinner and overnight as you get ready for morning game drive.
- Paara safari lodge – Luxury accommodation
- Pakuba safari lodge – Mid-range accommodation
- Red chill safari lodge – Budget accommodation
Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Morning game drive: You wake up, have morning breakfast with snacks and meet up with the drive or guide for your morning game drive in the park. During your game drive you will be able to see wide variety of wild animals in an open savannah grassland and such animals to be spotted include lion ,elephants, buffaloes, leopards, waterbuck , warthogs, Uganda kob , giraffes, hyenas before going back to their hideouts as well some beautiful bird species and many more. After the game drive, you will drive back to the lodge rest and have lunch as you wait for afternoon boat cruise activity.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will proceed for the boat cruise where you will be expected to jet on the boat along Victoria Nile which starts at 2 pm. The boat cruise will give you an experience of viewing water species and some other wildlife species along the River Nile and such species include hippos, crocodiles, elephants, buffaloes, water birds among others. As you approach the bottom of the falls you will have a clear view of the Devil’s cauldron.
- Hiking to the top of the falls: Once you reach the bottom of the falls, you will opt for hiking on top as you enjoy the magnificent view of the Murchison falls and signature of Rainbow. Here you will be able to see other animals roaming around the area. After meet your guide you will meet your driver or guide at the top after hiking drive back to the lodge. Have overnight stay in the same lodge which was your first opinion.
Day 3: Chimpanzee Trekking and transfer back to Kampala
- Chimpanzee Trekking: You will wake up early, have breakfast with delicious snacks, our guide will pick you from the lodge you will spend in your night check out and drives you to Budongo forest where you will encounter these great apes which are said to have 98% human genes but you will first cross the Victoria Nile with ferry then after proceed to Budongo forest. Arrive at Budongo forest for your half-day chimpanzee tracking with your packed lunch. The guide will first brief you about the chimpanzee’s lifestyle then after an experienced guide will lead you to their nature habitant as you trek, you will have a chance to cross the mahogany tree species in the forest, birds and other primates as you will be listening to the sweet melodies of birds. Once chimpanzees are found you will give one hour to observe them as they swing on the tree branches, grooming themselves, feeding their young ones as you enjoy your photoshoot but not flash cameras are not allowed in the forest.
- Return to Kampala: After chimpanzee trekking, you will drive back to Kampala to be dropped to your hotel or Entebbe Airport for your flight. End of 3 days’ Murchison falls national park.
End of the 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour