4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation and Trekking Safari from Kigali
4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation and Trekking Safari from Kigali feature Bwindi Impenetrable national park, the world’s habitant for half of the remaining mountain gorillas in the world offering visitors the best experience of gorillas with a maximum adventure for both habituated and semi-habituated gorilla families. These experiences are both different and unique providing interested visitors more time with the mountain gorillas. This trip starts and ends in Kigali – Rwanda to provide enough driving time to access the park.
Highlights of the 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation and Trekking Safari from Kigali
- Day 1: Pick-up in Kigali and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla habituation experience
- Day 3: Gorilla trekking experience
- Day 4: transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Pick-up in Kigali and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Pick-up in Kigali and transfer to Bwindi: Upon arrival in Kigali in the morning hours/depending on your location in Kigali, you will meet our company representative/your safari guide and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. It’s usually about 4-5 hours’ drive from Kigali city with the great views of the rolling Rwanda hills. This is exciting and magical! Cross to Uganda via Katuna border/Cyanika border depending on how close your accommodation in Bwindi will be and also depending on your trekking sector. Have en-route lunch in one of the closest towns to Bwindi that is Kabale or Kisoro towns before you proceed to some more kilometers to your lodge close to the park. Upon arrival at your accommodation, you will be welcomed by the staff, check-in, and rest for the day as you prepare for the next day activity. Dinner will be served at your convenience and overnight stay in your room.
- Accommodation and meals (En-route lunch and half board)
- Luxury options: Clouds Mountain Gorilla lodge/Chameleon Hill lodge/Rushaga Safari lodge/Lake Mutanda Safari lodge
Day 2: Gorilla habituation experience – Rushaga sector
- Gorilla habituation experience: Wake up very early, enjoy your breakfast and drive out of the lodge to connect to the sector park headquarters with your trekking gears and packed lunch and water. Meet with other trekkers and gather for a briefing from the park officials where you will be guided on the expectations of gorilla experiences. Thereafter in only a group of 4 people and ranger guides/researchers, set off for gorilla habituation experience. This is a full day activity were you will visit a semi-habituated gorilla family that in the process of training to get used to people. These gorillas are usually difficult to find because they keep running away however the research rangers will find them and allow you study and learn about the family for 4 hours maximum in their presence. After habituation experience return to meet your safari guide and receiving your certificate to return back to your lodge. Relax at the lodge with great memories of the wild gorillas; dinner will be serve and overnight stay
Day 3: Gorilla trekking experience – Nkuringo sector
- Gorilla trekking experience: On this third day of your safari, you will have the same morning preparations at the lodge, have breakfast and transfer to the park headquarters. On this day you will visit a different sector for gorilla trekking – Nkuringo sector. With your trekking gears and packed lunch, meet with other trekkers for briefing about gorilla trekking. After you are allocated a group in groups of 8 people, head into the forest for your trek. Gorilla trekking takes 2 to 8 hours depending on the movement of the gorilla family being visited. These primates roam the park freely and there is no way of telling where they will be for a particular. On finding them, you will be allowed 1 hour to view and take photos of these gentle primates before you descend back to meet your driver/guide and transfer back to your lodge.
- The time after trekking can be spent on a village/community Batwa tour or relaxing off at the lodge as you unwind with a glass of wine with the memories of your gorilla experience in Bwindi. Dinner and overnight booked lodge as above.
Day 4: Transfer back to Kigali – City tour/Departure
- Transfer back to Kigali: After breakfast, check-out form the lodge to embark on your return to Kigali. Cross via Katuna or Cyanika border and arrive in Kigali at good time for lunch at Des Mille Collins Hotel, enjoy a brief city tour visiting the Kigali Genocide memorial and Kimoronko market before your check-in time for your flight to your next destination. Alternatively your safari guide can drop you at a location you advise in Kigali city.
End of Safari