4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour is a Short Uganda Gorilla Safari that gives a traveler a chance to do gorilla trekking and later relax at the Lakeshores. Bwindi Impenetrable national park is notable for endangered mountain gorillas located in the south western region of Uganda in Kanungu district. The park is famously known worldwide because of being the main destination of half of the mountain gorillas with over 400 individuals which are habituated in four gorilla sector of the park that is Buhoma, Rushaga, Ruhija and Nkuringo sector each sector is located in a different direction of the park. Lake Bunyonyi is famously known as the lake for little birds such as herons, white tailed blue monad, weaver, African harrier hawk, Egrets among many and is the 4th deepest lake which people call it Switzerland of Africa, which comprises of 29 islands and is located between two districts of Kisoro and Kibale also in south-western region.
Highlights of the 4 Days Bwindi gorilla trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour
- Day 1: Travelling day to Bwindi
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Day 3: Depart to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 4: Return to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi Forest: Depending on where you’re, our driver or guide will pick you depending on your location and before embarking to Bwindi will first brief you about the 4 days’ tour to Bwindi and lake Bunyonyi in the south-western part of Uganda then after you will start your journey to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. On your way heading to Bwindi you will have a stopover at the Equator to have impressive experience of photoshoot ,visit the craft shop around and after you continue the journey along Masaka road and have your lunch at Mbarara town after having your lunch you can visit igongo culture centre for few minutes to learn about the Ankole culture which is memorable experience. After you will proceed to Bwindi national park passing via Rukungiri -Kabale and then Bwindi, arrive at Buhoma sector since the route you used leads you to the southern side of the park that is to say Buhoma sector which is a pioneer gorilla trekking sector of all, found in the southern side of the park. The journey takes 8 to 9 hours by road to arrive in the Buhoma sector. You will arrive at the lodge have dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: After morning breakfast served with donuts at the lodge with your packed lunch our guide will pick you up from the lodge at 7 am and drives you at the park headquarter to have a short briefing about Gorilla trekking rules and regulation. There is a limited number of 8 people allowed in this emotional experience and then after your guide will lead you to the Buhoma sector on the southern side of the park to its gorilla habituated families. You will have to choose which gorilla family you prefer most to carry out your trek and once you decide you will be accompanied by experienced guide to trek the gorillas to their forest trailhead and as you will be trekking you will have a chance of viewing other species like small primates, tree species, birds and many. Gorilla trekking experience takes as few as 2 to 8 hours depending on where they were the pernicious day. Once they are located you will be been given one hour to observe them as they play around, feed their young ones, display their nests high on the tree in the evening hours take pictures with them but you should be aware that flash discs are not allowed then after your incredible encounter of gorillas. Return back to the previous lodge you spent in your night.
Day 3: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: You will wake early enough have your morning breakfast as you get ready for the next move and your driver will pick you up at the lodge and depart to Lake Bunyonyi a home of little birds and the deepest lake in Uganda comprised of 29 islands and each island has its impressive story behind. The distance from Bwindi to Lake Bunyonyi passing via Kabale along Kisoro road it takes 2:38 hours by road.
- Boat Ride: You will reach early at the lake go enjoy a boat ride in a dugout canoe on lake Bunyonyi where you will have a remarkable viewing of a variety of bird species as well as visiting the islands on the lake. After the boat cruise, you will go back to the lodge rest and have lunch.
- Community Walk: Latterly on in the afternoon you will have evening Community walk where you will get in touch with Batwa people, Bakiga who are good at performing traditional dancing, visit their homestead they teach you how to cook on fire wood and many more. After community walk, you will drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day: 4 Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: You will wake up have to breakfast and check out to the lodge, your driver will pick you up from the lodge to embark on Kampala City using the Mbarara route. On your way, you will have lunch en route at the Igongo culture Centre after your lunch you will visit the museum, craft shop where you can buy beautiful craft materials to go back with it for your remembrance about the tour you encountered in on Uganda tour. Then after drive to Kampala to be dropped to your hotel or to Entebbe Airport for your flight.
End of 4 Days Bwindi gorilla trekking & Lake Bunyonyi
- Meal plan breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Lunch en route
- Ground transport fees
- Guide fees
- Fuel fees
- Gorilla trekking permits
- Boat riding fees at lake Bunyonyi
- Pick up and drop off
- Mineral water bottle
- Trip exclude;
- Ticket ticket
- Personnel expenses such as buying drinks, laundry services, souvenirs tip many more
Gorilla trekking tips in Bwindi national park tour
Since Bwindi impenetrable forest is a montane tropical rain forest you can no know when it will rain and for you to be on the safe side you should carry these essential items for your gorilla trekking tour such as
- Warm clothes
- Long cotton stockings
- Waterproof backpack to carry in your belongings
- Clear cameras
- Insert repellent
- Long sleeved shirt and trouser
- Garden gloves
- Hiking shoes
- Energy snacks and mineral water bottles
- Warm sweater
- Garden gloves.
See also: 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari