5 Days Murchison Falls & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking
5 Days Murchison Falls & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking is one of the top Uganda safari packages that travelers love to engage in for wildlife & primates. The 5 Days Murchison Falls & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking tour will first take you to Uganda’s largest national park one of the best destinations to explore wildlife species before proceeding for gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable Forest National park.
Highlights of 5 Days Murchison Falls & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking
- Day 1: Kampala –Murchison Falls
- Day 2: Morning game drive & Afternoon boat cruise
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking
- Day 5: Return to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Transfer to Murchison: Depending on your location, our driver-guide will pick you up and brief you about the 5 days Murchison Falls and Bwindi Gorilla Safari tour. You will then start the journey to Murchison Falls National Park in the northwestern region of Uganda, the drive that lasts within 4 to 5 hours while using Gulu high away. But on your way, you can decide to visit Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and participate in Rhino trekking experience that takes 1 to 2 hours. After Rhino trekking you can proceed with the journey to the park but first having lunch en-route in Masindi town. After lunch, you will drive directly to the top of the falls, walk around as you view animals on the water banks like buffaloes, hippos and also view the rewardable stunning powerful waterfalls in the world as you enjoy the photo-taking. You will drive to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Accommodation Option: Paraa safari Lodge-Luxury, Pakuba safari lodge -Mid-range, and Red chill lodge -Budget
Day 2: Morning Game Drive and afternoon Boat cruise
- Morning Game Drive: You will wake up early, have coffee tea with snacks, meet the drive –ranger drive to Northern Delta Nile where you will be able to spot a variety of wildlife such as buffaloes, waterbuck, lions, Oribi, Jackson’s hartebeest, Rothschild’s giraffe. Drive back to the lodge for lunch as you wait for an afternoon boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: In the afternoon, you will go for a boat cruise on the Victoria Nile where you will be able to see various species of water mammals such as crocodiles, hippos, few herds of buffalo, water birds like the rare shoe bill stork plus others which can be spotted along the Nile banks. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi: You will wake up early in the morning have coffee tea plus donuts, check out of the lodge and embark to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You drive directly to one of the four sectors in Bwindi that is Buhoma, Nkuringo, Rushanga and Ruhija sector which are all habitant for a mountain gorilla family. You will drive to Ruhija region for your overnight stay/accommodation in Ruhija sector or region
- Accommodation Option: Ruhija Gorilla Mist Camp, Ruhija Gorilla safari lodge, Gift of Nature Lodge, Ruhija Community Rest Camp
Day 4: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: You will wake up very early in the morning have heavy breakfast, your driver will pick you from your lodge with packed lunch box and drives you to the park headquarters for a short briefing about the rules of gorilla trekking activity. You will meet the ranger who will lead you to the forest trails of Bwindi in the activity which can take 30min to 8 hours trekking. It may take longer due to the location of the gorilla family you are trekking. Once you find them you will be given one hour to observe them while learning there behaves as you take photos. On your trekking activity, you will be able to see many other creatures of the wild like colobus monkeys, tree species among others. Return to the lodge for refreshment, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: After breakfast, you will check out of the lodge and leave Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in early for Kampala, a drive which takes 9 to 10 to access the Kampala. On your way, you will have a stopover at Igongo culture centre visit the area, have lunch and after proceed to Kampala to be dropped to your hotel or Entebbe Airport to catch up with the flight.
End of 5 Days Murchison Falls & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Tour