5 Days Murchison Falls & Jinja tour
5 Days Murchison Falls & Jinja tour takes you to Uganda’s largest national park known as Murchison falls where you will opt for Uganda’s spectacular heritage with a breathtaking scenic landscape. Through visiting this park you will have great explore of game drive and a boat cruise along the Nile River and observing the devil cauldron on Victoria Nile which is quite amazing and birding. The park is located in the northwestern part of Uganda, estimate 4 to 5 driving hours from the northwest of Uganda. After exploring to wildlife at Murchison falls national park, you will relocate to Jinja to visit the admirable source of the Nile River and to engage in white water rafting explore, bungee jumping among others.
Highlights of 5 days Murchison Falls national park & Jinja Tour
- Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe Airport
- Day 2: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 3: Game drive and boat cruise
- Day 4: Transfer to Jinja
- Day 5: Boat cruise in Jinja and Return to Kampala
Day 1: Arrival day to Uganda
- Arrival: On your arrival at Entebbe Airport, you will be met at our English speaking safari guide who will pick you up from the Airport and transfer you to the hotel reserved for you in Kampala. Have dinner and overnight at Grand Imperial Hotel.
Day 2: Transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Transfer to Murchison: You will wake up early, have breakfast and start the journey to Murchison falls in northwestern Uganda using Gulu highway through Masindi town. Along the way, you will have a stopover at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and participate in Rhino trekking experience which can last 1 to 2hours. After trekking, proceed with the journey to Masindi town and have lunch en route. Then After lunch drive to Kichumbanyobo gate to enter the park drive to top of the falls, spot some few mammals, view the River Nile on how it squeezes itself in 7-meter gorge before tumbling 40 meters down in a thunderous exposure and on its water bank you can see animals taking water as well as opting for birds. Drive to the lodge, check-in has dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation Options: Pakuba safari lodge, Paraa Safari Lodge, and Red chill safari lodge.
Day 3: Morning game drive and Boat cruise
- Morning Game drive: You will wake every early, have a break and delicious donuts, drive to the Northern area for your game drive adventure and during your game drive. expect to see the big cats of the jungle such as buffaloes, lions, Leopards, elephants plus other animals like Rothschild giraffes, bushbucks, waterbucks, warthogs, antelopes among others. After the game drive, drive back for lunch and rest as you wait for your afternoon boat cruise.
- Boat cruise: At 2 pm you will go for an afternoon boat cruise at the bottom of the Victoria Nile and as you will be cruising, you will be able to sightsee a variety of water birds, hippos and Giant crocodiles and other mammals grazing close to the banks. You will also be able to cruise near the devil cauldron and have rewardable viewing of its nature as you listen to the sounds of the waterfalls. After getting amazing with all spectacular viewing along the Victoria Nile, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Transfer to Jinja
- Transfer to Jinja: After morning breakfast, check out and set off to jinja in the Eastern region of Uganda to explore the source of the Nile which is the longest river in the entire world. At that time, you will be able to see fishermen fishing. You will arrive in the early evening, check in to the lodge, relax as you view the beauty of the Nile, dinner, and overnight at Source of the Nile Hotel.
Day 5: Boat cruise in Jinja and Return to Kampala
- Boat cruise Experience: After your breakfast, you will have a short brief about the history of the Nile, probably have a brief drive explanation through this historical town, visit the souvenir shops or craft shop. Go back to the hotel rest and have early lunch. After lunch, you will explore the source of the Nile by boat that takes 1 to 2 hours cruising on the calm water. Where you will be able to see a number of bird species like kingfisher, animals such as crocodiles, lizards along the shores on the Nile. And if not boat cruise you can enjoy white water rafting that involves paddling the water level and full of excitement and exceptional. In the evening you can enjoy the sunset experience around the Nile. After the boat cruise, you will meet up with your drive –a guide to transferring back to the hotel in Kampala or to be dropped to Entebbe Airport to catch up on your flight back home.
End of 5 Day Murchison Fall and Jinja tours