5 Days Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
5 Days Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari takes you through the most visited national parks to encounter mountain gorillas in Bwindi & wildlife species in Queen Elizabeth national park. Bwindi impenetrable national park is positioned in south western region of Uganda in kanungu district which is approximately 7 to 8 hours by drive from west of Kampala ,famously known as a natural habitat for mountain gorillas and above all ,is the most visited destination on safari in Uganda because it harbors with half of the population of mountain gorillas that are left in the world as we compare to other primitive destination in Uganda. Mountain gorillas in Bwindi can be trekked in four major sectors that is Buhoma sector, Nkuringo sector, Ruhija sector and Rushanga sector. Note that ,on your 5 days ,you will be able to view the great apes ‘’gorillas’’ in Bwindi impenetrable national park and chimpanzees in Queen Elizabeth national park which is the top-visited the national park on Uganda wildlife safaris because of the rare tree-climbing lions located in western Uganda. Activities involved in on your 5 Days Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari include; Gorilla trekking, Game drive/lion tracking, chimpanzee tracking in kyambura gorge, boat cruise, community tours in Bwindi among others.
Highlights of 5 Days Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking activity
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 4: Morning game drive ‘’Lion tracking’’ and afternoon Boat cruise
- Day 5: Chimpanzee tracking and return to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable National park
- Transfer to Bwindi: Depending on your location, our driver/guide will pick you up from your location but will first brief you about the 5 Days Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari. You will then begin your journey to Bwindi impenetrable national park but on your way, you will have a stopover at the Uganda Equator and where you will be able to have fun of photo shooting, view the craft shops around the Equator after you will process with your journey pass via Masaka town and have another stopover at Igongo culture centre and have en-route lunch since it is a long journey that takes 8 to 9 hours to access Bwindi. After lunch, you will continue the journey through passing via several districts and then Bwindi impenetrable national park to a sector where you will be able to trek the gorillas such as Ruhija sector in Eastern side of the park and reach to this sector it might take 8 to 9 hours though the route is quite rewarding with great views of the scenic landscapes, Ankole cattle, meet the local people many more. You will arrive at the park late evening check in at the lodge have dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation option Bakiga Lodge, Gorilla Mist Camp, Trekkers Tavern lodge, and Agandi lodge
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking activity
- Gorilla Trekking: You will wake up have coffee tea and donuts at the lodge, at the lodge you will be given packed lunch and your driver or guide will pick up from the lodge and drives you to the park headquarter to be briefed about the rules concerning about gorilla trekking expectation in a group of 8 people, meet the ranger to lead you to Ruhija sector one of the most visited sector in Bwindi national park. Gorilla trekking is unpredictable it can either take a short period of time but in most cases, it takes 2 to 8 hours this is because of the location of the gorilla family to trek in. Once gorillas are seen, you will be given one hour to observe them face to face which is quite an incredible experience, where you will learn about their behaves through grooming themselves, breastfeeding, see them how they display their nets high on tree branches as well as taking photos but flash cameras are not allowed to be used in the forest. After trekking the driver will drive you back to the lodge for evening relaxation, dinner, and overnight at the lodge.
- Accommodation option: Bakiga lodge, Gorilla Mist lodge, Trekkers Tavern lodge, and Agandi lodge
Day 3: Community Tour & Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Community Tour: You will wake up early, have morning breakfast with delicious snacks do check out of the lodge with packed lunch and meet up with your driver or guide for community tour in Bwindi impenetrable national park. The community tour will take you through the Batwa trails where you will be able to learn more about the Batwa people who used to live with mountain gorillas in the forest before the place gazetting into a national park, learn about their lifestyle, narrate to you their history, entertain to their traditional dances, visit their farmland as you will able to meet other local people around.
- Transfer to Queen: After a community tour, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park which lasts 3 to 4 hours’ drive. You will pass via the Ishasha sector a famous place known to be a home to rare tree-climbing lions that sits in the southern part of the Queen Elizabeth national park. In the Ishasha sector, you will be able to view the unique tree-climbing lions busy relaxing upon the fig tree branches as they look down at Uganda kob while grazing since this is their best diet. Then from Ishasha, you will drive to the park check-in at the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Accommodation option: Mweya Safari Lodge, Park view Safari lodge, and Pumba Safari lodge
Day 4: Morning game drive ‘’Lion tracking’ ’and afternoon Boat cruise
- Lion Tracking Experience: You will wake up early, have breakfast meet up with your driver or guide and set off for the morning game drive in kasenyi plains to experience in lion tracking while using the tracking devices. This is an exceptional activity where you can have high chances of spotting lions and also to be able to view other animals in the park like leopards, elephants, buffaloes, warthogs, bushbucks, waterbucks and many more. After the game drive back to the lodge for lunch as you get ready for an afternoon boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will drive to the afternoon boat cruise at the impressive kazinga channel which takes about 2 to 3 hours. The kazinga channel is an impressive water body that connects to Lake Edward and Lake George. During your, boat cruise, you will be able to cruise close to animals linking for water along the water banks such as elephants, buffaloes, hippos, crocodiles, lizards among others. You will also be rewarded with water birds such as long-tailed cormorant, black bee-eater, African skimmer, pink backed pelican, kingfisher as well as seeing fishermen on the shores of the lake. After the boat cruise, drive back to the lodge for relaxation, dinner, and overnight.
- Accommodation Options Mweya Safari lodge, Park View Safari, and Pumba Safari lodge
Day 5: Chimpanzee trekking and Return to Kampala
- Chimpanzee trekking: After your early morning breakfast, check out of the lodge and meet up with your driver to drive to kyambura Gorge for Chimpanzee trekking, on arrival in Kyambura Gorge you will be briefed about the rules and regulations of chimpanzee tracking and then after you will be led by the experienced ranger in primitive trails, experience which can take 2 to 4 hours depending on the previous location of chimpanzees. Once the chimpanzees have been found, you will be given one hour to observes learn their social behaves as well as taking photos with clear cameras, just like gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable national park.
- Departure: After tracking, you will meet up with your driver /guide and drives you out of Queen Elizabeth national park to Kampala main city but you will have a stopover in Fort portal for lunch. After lunch, you will proceed with your journey pass via Mubende town to reach in Kampala in the early evening to be dropped to your hotel or at Entebbe International Airport in order to catch up with your flight.
End of the 5 Days & Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari