6 Days Lake Mburo & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
6 Days Lake Mburo & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari will take you through the wildlife and primates experiences. Lake Mburo national park is a savannah park with a variety of animals and birds to enjoy, Bwindi forest is home for the mountain gorillas and Lake Bunyonyi is for relaxation. Therefore this trip features a variety of activities including game viewing, boat trips/cruises, gorilla trekking, birdwatching, nature walks, and relaxation.
Safari Highlights of the 6 Days Lake Mburo & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park
- Day 2: Game drive and Boat cruise
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking experience
- Day 5: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 6: Transfer to Kampala/Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: Upon arrival at Entebbe international airport/Depending on your location in Entebbe/Kampala, you will meet your safari guide for the trip. You will be briefed before you start your safari. Embark on your journey to Lake Mburo national park, located in the western part of Uganda and it’s a 5 hours’ drive with en-route stop at the Equator. Arrive early afternoon at the park and proceed to check-in your accommodation. Have a delicious lunch at your lodge. You will spend your afternoon at leisure either on an afternoon game drive or engage in the various activities that the park offers including; Horseback riding and mountain biking, these are carried out at an extra cost. Walking safari is also an option where you will view the animals in the park on foot guided by armed park rangers. Later in the evening before night fall, drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation and meals (Full board)
- Luxury option: Mihingo lodge
- Mid-range option: Mpogo lodge
- Budget option: Eagles’ Nest lodge
Day 2: Game drive and Boat cruise
- Game drive and Boat cruise: Wake up early; connect for a game drive in the savannah areas of the park in search of the early risers including the Lions, and Leopards however, it is not guaranteed to find them. You will be served a bush breakfast during the game drive time. Other animals to be seen include; the Giraffes, Zebras, Warthogs, Kobs, Oribi, Impala, and other antelope species. Return to your lodge to refresh and have lunch before you connect to Lake Mburo for a boat trip on the lake. Lake Mburo is one of the best bird-watching destinations in Uganda with over 100 bird species to view. Enjoy sights of both water and land animals found in and around the lake. Some of these animals include; Crocodiles, Hippos, Buffaloes to mention a few. Return to the lodge for evening relaxation, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: Wake up to a cup of tea, check-out of lodge to continue on your safari to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. This park is located further south western park of Uganda close to the Uganda-Rwanda borders. It’s a 5 hours more drive from Lake Mburo national park to Bwindi forest. You will have en-route lunch in either Kabale or Kisoro town before you proceed to your lodge closer to the park entry point. On reaching your lodge, you will be welcomed by the lodge staff, check-in and spend the rest of the day relaxing with great views of the forested hills of Bwindi. Dinner will be served before your bed time.
Accommodation and meals (Half board)
- Luxury option: Ruhija Gorilla lodge/Buhoma lodge/Gahinga lodge
- Mid-range option: Buhoma Haven lodge/Lake Mulehe Safari lodge
- Budget option: Bakiga lodge/Buhoma Community Rest Camp
Day 4: Gorilla trekking experience
- Gorilla trekking experience: On this fourth day of your safari, after breakfast at your lodge, and then transfer to the park headquarters with your trekking gears and packed lunch, meet with other trekkers for briefing about gorilla trekking. After you are allocated a group in groups of 8 people, head into the forest for your trek. Gorilla trekking takes 2 to 8 hours depending on the movement of the gorilla family being visited. These primates roam the park freely and there is no way of telling where they will be for a particular. On finding them, you will be allowed 1 hour to view and take photos of these gentle primates before you descend back to meet your driver/guide and transfer back to your lodge. The time after trekking can be spent on a village/community Batwa tour or relaxing off at the lodge as you unwind with a glass of wine with the memories of your gorilla experience in Bwindi. Dinner and overnight booked lodge as above
Day 5: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: After breakfast, check-out of the lodge to connect to Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale district. Lake Bunyonyi is the deepest lake in East Africa and its Bilharzia from for human to use the water for different activities and the lake is best known for hosting over 30 islands. Arrive with sights if the rolling hills and the beautiful lake as you connect to your accommodation for relaxation. Visiting Lake Bunyonyi is the best way of relaxing from the hiking and trekking experience as it is a place for relaxation. It’s a 2 hours’ drive from Bwindi forest. Check-in at your lodge, have lunch and spend your afternoon exploring the islands on the land while on a boat trip. The islands on this lake are unique with interesting stories about them such as the punishment island. Dinner and overnight at booked accommodation
Accommodation and meals (Full board)
- Luxury option – Bunyonyi BirdNest lodge
- Mid-range option – Bunyonyi Eco-Resort/Bunyonyi Arcadia Cottages
- Budget option – Bunyonyi Overland Resort
Day 6: Transfer to Kampala/Kigali
- Transfer to Kampala/Kigali: Wake up for breakfast, check out of the lodge and embark on your journey back to Kampala/Entebbe. It’s a 8-9 hours’ drive with en-route lunch in Mbarara City and other stops for refreshments. Arrive late afternoon and if you have a flight, you will be dropped at the airport for check-in. alternatively, to reduce on the driving distance, you will check-out f the lodge and transfer via Katuna border to connect to Kigali City, it’s a hours’ drive with en-route lunch in Kigali and a brief city tour visiting Kigali genocide memorial. If you have a flight, you will be dropped off for your check-in.
End of Safari