3 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda From Kigali is another short safari tour that will lead you to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda where you will experience gorilla trekking but having arrived in Rwanda’s capital of Kigali. Bwindi Impenetrable National park is known for having over half of the words total gorilla population.
Highlights of the 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda From Kigali
- Day 1 Travelling day from Kigali to Bwindi
- Day 2 Gorilla trekking
- Day 3 Bwindi to Kampala
Details of the tour
Day 1 Travelling day from Kigali to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: Wake up have your early morning breakfast from the hotel you will stay in, after at 10:30 am our English speaking guide will pick you from your hotel in Kigali city of Rwanda using Kanika border ,the border which connects Uganda and Rwanda and is the only easiest location to Bwindi from Rwanda to Uganda. Travel to Bwindi national park in the southwestern region of Uganda and the journey will take you through Rwanda the land of thousand hills, have lunch later transfer to Bwindi. You will arrive in the late afternoon relax at the lodge as you wait the next day gorgeous activity ‘’gorilla trekking’’. Which can be trekked in one of Bwindi’s gorilla family. Have dinner and overnight.
Day 2 Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: After early morning coffee tea served with delicious snacks to give you the energy needed for gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest with packed lunch which you carry on for trekking. Our English speaking guide transfers you to the park’s headquarters before 8:00 am for a short briefing and registration on what you expect on the day before you proceed for gorilla trekking. The time taken to trek the mountain gorillas can be as few as 2 hours to 8 hours with a maximum of 8 people only who can be allowed to participate in this emotional activity. As you trek mountain gorillas you will have a chance to spot a number of birds like handsome francolin, Africa wood owl, and many more, other small primates such as Colobus monkey , Black and white monkeys ,chimpanzees , Giant forest hog , L’hoest’s monkey, Vervets , Red tailed monkeys and many more. Once you finally locate the family that you’re to trek in, you will be given one hour to observe them, as they play around, feeding their young one, displaying their nest high in the evening hours ,this is such unforgettable experience in the wild with your related cousins which are said to be 98% human genes.Gorilla trekking tour to Bwindi enables you to get up close and personal with great apes ‘’ mountain gorillas’’. Later return to your lodge for rest and overnight stay.
Day 3 Bwindi to Kampala
- Batwa Trail: Wake up early morning breakfast at 8am our guide will lead you to Batwa trailhead to experience their way of life in the forest. Batwa people were the first origin of this montane forest during those ancient years, they used to live together with mountain gorillas in the jungle in harmony. Meeting these people, you will gain more in their traditional dance, songs and they will narrate to you their story about the way they used to live with gentle giants in the forest above all they will teach you about their traditional cooking and many more. This is truly an amazing activity in lifetime.
- Transfer back to kampala: Return to the lodge for lunch and check out and transfer to Kampala to be dropped off at the hotel or Airport to catch your plan.
End of the 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda From Kigali