4 Days Murchison Falls with Chimpanzees Tour is a short safari that gives you a blend of both Wildlife and Primates trekking in the Wilderness.
Highlights of the 4 Days Murchison Falls with Chimpanzees Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls
- Day 2: Game drive and boat cruise
- Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: After morning breakfast our guide will pick you at 7 am from your hotel in Kampala Uganda’s capital city, a city of seven hills closer to Lake Victoria the largest lake in Africa. You will start your journey to Murchison falls national park in the northwestern region of Uganda using Bombo road to Gulu high way passing through Luweero district -Nakasongo district -Migera town -kiryandongo district via Masindi district.
- Rhino Experience: As we proceed to Murchison falls you will have a stopover at Luweero, buy some fruits at Luweero market and continue to the next stopover which will be at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for amazing Rhino trekking accompanied by trained guide have your lunch later at Amuka lodge thereafter transfer to Murchison falls national park.
- Ferry Crossing & Check-in: and You will have a ferry crossing to step on the boundary of the park since it is bisected with waters of Victoria Nile as your welcomed by many baboons. You will see them as they play around the lodge you will sleep in. Have rest, dinner and overnight as you get ready for morning game drive.
- Paara safari lodge
- Pakuba safari lodge
- Red Chill hideaway
- Chobe safari lodge
Day 2: Game drive and boat cruise
- Game Drive: Early morning you will have breakfast served with delicious snacks as you get ready for game drive viewing accompanied by an experienced guide with 4×4 wheel drive safari vehicle. Morning game drive starts at 8:30 am carried out in open savannah grassland. On your game drive, you will be able to have a clear view of a variety of mammals like lion, elephants, buffalos, leopard, waterbuck, warthogs, Uganda kobs, giraffes and bird species and many more. After encountering Uganda’s wildlife species go back to the lodge have lunch and prepare for Boat Cruise.
- Boat Cruise: You will proceed for the boat cruise where you will be expected to jet on the boat and start off at exactly 2pm. The boat cruise gives you an experience where you will view wildlife species along the River Nile. As you approach the bottom of the falls you will have a clear view of the Devil’s Caudron.
- Hike to the top the falls: Once you reach the bottom of the falls you will have a choice to proceed and hike to the top of the falls where you will have a magnificent view of the Murchison Falls and the signature Rainbow. Here you will be able to see other wildlife species roaming around the area and you will meet your tour guide who will later drive you to the lodge where you are staying.
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking
- Chimpanzee Trekking: After early morning breakfast our guide will pick you from the lodge you will spend your night to drive you to Budongo forest where you will encounter these great apes which are said to be 98% human genes but you will first cross the Victoria Nile with ferry then after the process to budogo forest. When you reach to budogo forest in the morning hours with your pack lunch, because you might spend the whole day in the forest with these chimpanzees. The guide will first brief you about the chimpanzee’s lifestyle and the procedures you will follow while in the forest. An experienced guide will lead you to their nature habitant of chimpanzees as you trek, you will come across the mahogany tree species in the forest, birds, other primates as you listen to sweet melodies of birds. Once chimpanzees are found you will be given one hour to observe them as they swing on the tree branches, grooming themselves, feeding their young ones as for you enjoy photo taking but flash cameras are not allowed to take pictures because it scares them. After an incredible encounter of chimpanzee trekking, return to the lodge rest and have campfire at the lodge, have dinner and overnight.
Day 4 Return to Kampala
- Game Drive: Wake up early and check out of the lodge. After this, you will have a game drive through the park as you exit the park.
- Return to Kampala: After return to the lodge for lunch and check out and drive back to Kampala to be dropped to your Hotel or Entebbe Airport for your flight.
End of the 4 Days Murchison Falls with Chimpanzees Tour
See also: 18 Days Uganda Budget Tour