Park Entrance Fees for Kibale National Park
Park Entrance Fees for Kibale National Park are the different charges levied on travellers as they access the park for different tourism activities like chimpanzee trekking. Kibale National Park is famous for being a primate capital most especially the endangered chimpanzees and chimpanzee safaris has totally built Uganda tourism hub. To note, kibale national park is the primate capital of the world because of its highest population with over 1500 individual chimpanzees plus other 12 primate’s species.
Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale national park is the major sounding activity done in here and also gives you another chance to see other primates like black and white colobus monkeys, vervet monkeys, red tailed monkeys, wildlife, beautiful bird species, wildlife viewing among others.
To any protected area no, one is allowed to enter without a fee at the entrance, just like kibale national park which is governed by the body responsible for all the ten Uganda national park famously known as ‘’UWA’’ Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Kibale National Park is located in the western region of Uganda, approximately 300 kilometres from the western park of Kampala the Capital city of Uganda. The park entrance fees are divided into different categories of the entrance that is aircraft fees, vehicle fees and as an individual but depending on a traveller’s status. Note that, entrance fees are paid separately from the activity charges.
Individual park entry fee
The Park entrance fees to Kibale national park are entitled based on the citizenship of the visitor or travellers status as explained below:
- The foreign non-resident visiting kibale national park are entitled to pay a fee of USD40 to enter the park.
- The foreign resident of a citizen of East Africa are entitled to pay UGX 20,000 in order to access kibale national park.
- Children who are foreign non-residents are charged USD20 and children who are foreign resident pay USD10 in order to access the park. The East African children are entitled to pay UGX5000 as park entrance fees to kibale national park.
Annual park fee
There is another optional of paying park entry fees on yearly basis, as this can relieve the stress of paying a lot of money every time you enter the national park.
- As an individual who is a foreign resident is entitled to pay a fee of USD 350 and the East African citizens are charged UGX150,000 as an individual annual fee in order to access the park.
- A couple of foreign residents are expected to pay USD500 as annual park entry fee to kibale national park.
- Couple of East African citizens are entitled a charge of UGX20,000 as annual park entry fee to kibale national park.
- A family with a maximum of 4 children is entitled to pay USD700 for the annual park entry fee and the East African citizens with the same family are expected to a fee UGX30,000 as annual park entrance fees.
- The annual corporate foreign residents are entitled to pay USD1500 as annual park entry fees.
- The annual corporate East Africa citizens are expected to pay UGX2.5M in order to access kibale national park annually.
- The safari guide and taxi drivers to kibale national park are expected to pay sum of UGX100,000 as annual park entry fee. To the other side, tour company driver is not charged for park entry fees.
- The tour operator who is a foreign resident is entitled to pay USD50 as the annual park entry fee.
- The tour operator who is a citizen of the East African community is charged UGX 125000 as annual park entry fees.
Vehicle and aircraft landing fee
- Motorcycles: A foreign resident with a motorcycle is entitled to pay USD30 in order to access kibale national park and the citizen of East African member are entitled to pay UGX20,000 in order to access the park.
- Saloon cars: The foreign resident with saloon cars are entitled to pay USD40 to access the park and the East African citizens are expected to a fee of UGX20,000 in order to access the park respectively.
- Minibuses and pickups: The foreign resident who is East African citizen is entitled to pay USD50 and the East African citizen is expected to pay UGX30,000 as a parking fee to kibale national park.
- Glider, micro lighters: Foreign resident is entitled to pay USD10 for aircraft landing fees at kibale national park. The East African citizen is entitled to pay UGX20,000 for aircraft landing fee.
- Flights up to 3seaters: Ugandans will pay UGX40000 for landing fee and foreign resident is expected to pay USD20 as a landing fee.
- Flight with 4 to 6 seats: Foreign residents are entitled to pay USD30 and UGX60,000 for East African as landing entry fee at kibale national park.
- Aircraft with 7 to 14 seats: The foreign resident is entitled to pay USD40 and UGX80,000 for East African aircraft as air landing fee respectively.
- Aircraft with 15 to 20 seats: Foreigners residents are entitled to pay USD50 and members of East African citizens are expected a charge of UGX10,000 as a landing entry fee in kibale national park.
- Aircraft that carries over 21: Foreign residents of Uganda are supposed to pay USD60 and the East African citizen expect to pay UGX120,000 respectively.
Helicopter: East African members are supposed to pay USD100 as a landing fee in kibale national park. Ugandan nationals are entitled to pay 250,0000UGX as a landing fee in the park
Documents to be carried with in order for you to be allowed to enter the park.
- Foreign residents are required to submit in their valid working permits for at least a minimum of one year.
- The foreign non-resident is required to present in their passport in order to access the park.
- The citizen of East African members is entitled to present in their valid national identification cards at the gate of the park in order to access kibale national park.