3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking Safari
3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking Safari is a short safari tour package that takes you to the best safari destination known as a capital of primates where travelers get to experience on how to get face to face to our closest cousin in their nature habitats. Of which Kibale forest national park is the top safari primates destination in Uganda and all over East Africa that harbor with over 1,500 individual chimpanzees and other 12 primates species and above all Uganda has a total of over 5000 chimpanzees making it the best primates viewing safari destination in Africa. The park can be reached by road from Kampala within 5 to 6 hours’ drive.
Summary of the 3 Days Uganda Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking Safari.
- Day 1: Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest
- Day 3: Back to Kampala /Entebbe Airport
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
- Transfer to Kibale: On day 1, you will be picked from Entebbe Airport on your arrival and be transferred to Entebbe Town for lunch. After lunch, you will proceed to Kibale Forest national park in western Uganda famously known as a capital of world’s primates passing via a beautiful town of fort portal. Arrive at the part in the late evening, check in at the lodge. Have refreshment, dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation Option: Primates Lodge, Kibale Forest Camp, and Rweteera Safari Park
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking
- Chimpanzee Tracking :On day 2, you will wake up have early morning breakfast with packed lunch box, your drive will transfer you to park headquarters to have a short briefing about the dos and don’ts of chimpanzees tracking activity in Kibale forest. After briefing you will be led by the ranger to forest trail head of kibale ,a track which last for about 2 to 7 hours .As you will be tracking your likely to encounter other primates in the forest such as verve monkeys ,L’hoest’s monkeys ,blue monkeys ,black and white colobus monkeys ,mangabey monkeys many more .You will other chances of spotting mammal species like bush pigs ,buffaloes ,golden cats ,bushbucks ,forest hogs ,duikers ,bird species such as Blue-breasted sunbird ,crowned eagle ,yellow spotted Nicator ,Green –breasted pitta ,Black bee eater ,African pitta many more . Once these chimpanzees are located, you will be given one hour to spend with them see how they play, grooming. Back to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Nature Walk at Bigodi wetland and drive back to Kampala.
- Guided Nature walk and back to Kampala :On your last in kibale forest national park, you wake up have coffee tea with donuts, go for nature walk in Bigodi wetland sanctuary a home for birding paradise and expect to sight see variety of beautiful bird species such as African pitta, Blue-breasted kingfisher, Yellow-spotted Nicator, Purple-breasted sunbird among others and this is an activity which last 1 to 2 hours .drive back to the lodge have your early lunch and check out of the lodge. Then drive back to Kampala to be dropped to your hotel in a shining city or Entebbe International Airport to catch up with your flight.
End of 3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking Safari