3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari
3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari is a short thrilling Uganda wildlife tour where tourists can get travel to Kidepo National Park by flight. Kidepo National park is one of the Uganda national parks that boost with big four cats and other variety of mammals that can be viewed during a game drive in Narus valley or Kidepo valley. The park is positioned in the northeastern side of Uganda covering an area of about 1442 square kilometres which is habitant for several wildlife species that can be spotted on your 3 days kidepo wildlife safari and such animals you can be able to view include zebras, eland , Jackson’s hartebeests, buffaloes, giraffes, striped hyenas, Uganda kobs, Cheetah, waterbucks, bush pigs among many, birds species like Ostriches, hornbills, black-breasted barbet, Egyptian vulture, pygmy and many others.
Highlights of the 3 days of kidepo wildlife Safari
- Day 1 Fly from Entebbe to Kidepo valley national park
- Day 2 Morning game drive and nature walk
- Day 3 Fly to Entebbe Airport.
Day 1: Fly from Entebbe Airport to Kidepo valley national park
- Flight to Kidepo: You will wake up from your hotel where you would be dropped from at night in Kampala city and our driver will pick you up from that hotel and drives you to Entebbe international airport, to board Aero link flight which is a scheduled charter flight to Apoka Airstrip within Kidepo national park. After landing in kidepo our English speaking guide will pick you up from the Airstrip and drives you to the lodge do check-in and also have lunch.
- Cultural Encounter: After lunch, you will go for an evening cultural walk tour that involves in visiting the Karamojong people who are known as the cattle keepers they live in the north-eastern part of Uganda next to the Uganda border with Kenya. These are exciting and welcoming people who do not wear clothes because of too much heart of sunshine in an area, they instead put on light clothes. On your cultural encounter, you will visit their homesteads with a rewardable view of traditional huts, local dishes as well as enjoying their traditional dances, songs and also visiting their craft materials and they are good in making souvenir things. After your cultural tour, you will drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Guided morning game drive and Nature walk
- Game Drive: After early morning coffee tea served with doughnuts at the lodge, you will meet up with our driver-guide to drive you for morning game drive, where travellers will be able to view variety of mammals like lions, leopards, elephants, buffaloes, giraffes, zebras, cheetahs, bushbuck, duiker, eland many more, bird species such as ostriches, ground hornbill, secretary bird, red-eyed barbet, bee eater, purple heron, karamoja Apalis among others. After the guided game drive, drive back to the lodge for lunch.
- Nature Walk: After lunch have rest as you get ready for nature walk encounter, you will go for nature walk around Apoka camp where you will have a spectacular view of mount Morungule, Narus valley, also walks along Narus valley, Rionomoe trail where will be gained with the cool breath, view beautiful landscapes. animals grazing like reedbucks, zebras’ elephants while listening to sweet melodies of birds on the trees. After, go back to the lodge for refreshment, dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Fly back to Entebbe Airport
- Hotsprings Experience: You will wake up have early beak fast at the lodge and our English speaking guide will accompany you in the drive to kanangorok hot springs which are positioned in the northern side of the park. These are unique hot springs with rewardable viewing of the animals and as you can boil your eggs if you have as well as relaxing around.
- Flight to Entebbe: After your visit to hot springs, you will drive back to the lodge have lunch and check out of the lodge. Fly back to Entebbe International Airport.
Note; Since you will be using Aero link which is a domestic flight that operates to Uganda’s protected national park it has its own scheduled operating days in a week that you should be aware of that is on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. The Aero link flights can be found in Entebbe Airport, they depart from Entebbe Airport at 12:30 pm and arrives at 14:45 pm.
From Apoka Airstrip in kidepo, it departs at exactly 15:00 pm and arrives at 16:30 pm.
End of 3 days kidepo Wildlife Safari
Tour includes Accommodation rates, Park entrance fees, Cultural encounter tour, Nature walk, Guided game drive fees, Meals i.e. breakfast, lunch, & dinner, Domestic flight ticket, Vehicle and fuel fee, Bottled water, and Pick up and drop off.
Tour excludes Air flight tickets, Visas, Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, craft, soft drinks, laundry services, and tips.