5 days Kidepo Wildlife and Sipi Falls Tour
5 days Kidepo Wildlife and Sipi Falls Tour is quite gorgeous Uganda wildlife safari experience where you can explore the wide range of wildlife species and rewardable scenery of landscape in Uganda. Kidepo valley national park is a remote park which is located in Kaabong district in the northeastern side corner of Uganda, approximately 540 kilometers by road in the northeast of Kampala, the capital city of Uganda. The park was established in 1958 as a game reserve and lies on a total area of about 1442 square kilometers of land. On your 5 day kidepo wildlife and Sipi falls expect to view abundance of mammal species in the park including lions ,buffaloes ,zebras ,elephants ,Jackson’s hartebeests ,waterbucks ,bush pigs ,giraffes spotted hyenas ,,antelopes like Uganda kobs ,eland among many ,bird species such as pygmy falcon ,Golden pipit ,Chestnut weaver ,Black-breasted Barbet ,Greater kestrel ,Purple grenadier ,Red-throated bee-eater ,Rufous chatterer ,Northern carmine bee-eater ,Fox kestrel ,Abyssinian roller and many others.
Highlights of the 5 Days kidepo wildlife and Sipi falls Safari
- Day 1 Transfer from Kampala to kit gum
- Day 2 Transfer to kidepo national park and evening game drive
- Day 3 Morning game drive and cultural walk
- Day 4 Transfer to Sipi falls
- Day 5 Return to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Kitgum
- Transfer to Kitgum: You will wake up early in the morning have your coffee tea from your hotel in Kampala city and at exactly 8 am our driver/guide will pick you from the hotel and before starting your safari journey to the northeastern route. They will first brief you about the 5 day kidepo wildlife and Sipi falls safari. And after a short briefing, you will start your trip to Kitgum but on your way, you will have a stopover in Gulu for lunch.
- Check-In: Then after lunch, you will continue your journey to Kitgum town, arrive and check-in at the lodge have dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Transfer to Kidepo
- Transfer to Kidepo: Wake up early morning have breakfast served with snacks as you get ready to check out of the hotel and proceed to Kidepo National Park in the northeastern corners of Uganda. As you will be driving to kidepo valley national park will have a rewardable view of homesteads, rolling hills, and trees. You will arrive in the park in the early afternoon check-in at the lodge and have lunch as you prepare yourself for the afternoon game drive.
- Game Drive: After your delicious meal you will meet up with your driver and experienced ranger who will drive you to the open savannah grassland of Narus valley, and along here you will be able to have a great game viewing of variety of mammal species such as zebras, giraffe’s lions, buffaloes, leopards, eland and many more. After your amazing game drive, you will drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Game drive and Cultural walk
- Game Drive: You will wake up have coffee tea served with pancakes at the lodge and then after meet up with your driver for morning game drive and you will be able to spot out other animals you missed to see in the evening game drive such animals include; cheetahs, duiker, bushbucks, buffaloes, giraffes, lions, zebras, leopard and many more, bird species like Karamojong Apalis, purple heron, red-eyed barbet, Kori bustard, ground hornbill, secretary bird among other species. After the game drive you will return to the lodge for lunch and after lunch, you will rest for a moment as you get ready for the cultural encounter.
- Cultural Encounter: In the evening you will do cultural encounter tour where you will be guided by arranger on foot, to visit the Karamojong people who live in the northern side of the park and have exciting view of their homesteads “traditional huts” and also learn about their way of life, as they entertain to you their amazing traditional dances and songs, visit their craft materials where you can buy a souvenir thing for your future remembrance. After you’re your cultural encounter go back to the lodge rest, have dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Transfer from Kidepo to Sipi falls
- Transfer to Sipi Falls/Sipi Falls Hike: You wake up early in the morning have coffee tea at the lodge, check out and your driver will pick you from the lodge and then embark on a drive to Sipi falls passing via Kotido–Moroto and as you are heading to Sipi you will have a stopover in kotido for lunch then after your lunch proceed to sipi falls .
- Coffee Plantation Visit: You will arrive at Sipi falls in the afternoon visit the coffee plantation where you will be guided by the experienced guide learn how coffee is being processed through following the procedures of producing coffee such as harvesting, storing, picking, roasting and as you come back you can hike around the sipi falls and have spectacular view of lake Albert, Rwenzori mountain among many. After your coffee plantation encounter drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: You will wake up have breakfast check out of the lodge and then your driver will pick you up and transfer to Kampala the city of seven hills, on your way back you will have a stopover in Jinja town for lunch. After lunch, you will be driven to Kampala to be dropped to your hotel or to Entebbe International Airport to catch up on your flight.
End of 5 Days kidepo Wildlife and Sipi Falls safari tour
Trip includes an English speaking guide, Park entrance fees, Nature walks, Coffee plantation tour, Hiking waterfalls, Accommodation, Meal plans, Ground transport, Pick up and drop off, and Bottled water.
Tour excludes Air flight tickets, Visas, Personal expenses like crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips.
See also 4 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari