7 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates tour
7 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates tour will take you through several attractive destinations on a Uganda Safari Tour and be able to encounter in everlasting experience of chimpanzee trekking in Kibale National Park, enjoy game drive and boat cruise in Queen Elizabeth national park the most visited national park in Uganda, visit the Batwa trails and explore in gorilla trekking in one of the four Bwindi impenetrable trekking sectors which include; Ruhija sector, Nkuringo sector, Buhoma sector, Rushanga sector, have cool relaxation and boat ride along Lake Bunyonyi all these designated places are located in south-western part of Uganda where you can get amazed with Uganda’s unbeaten safari packages at pearl of Africa.
Highlights of the 7 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates tour
- Day 1: Pick Up and transfer to Kibale forest National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking
- Day 3: Morning Game drive and Boat cruise
- Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 5: Gorilla Trekking
- Day 6: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi in Kibale
- Day 7: Back to Kampala
Day 1: Pick Up and transfer to Kibale forest National Park
- Transfer to Kibale: Depending on your location in Kampala, you will meet your guide or driver for a transfer to Kibale forest national park. The journey takes 5 hours’ drive with en-route lunch. You will arrive in Fort-portal early afternoon and proceed to your lodge for relaxation. Have dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking
- Chimpanzee trekking: You will wake up have early breakfast, our driver will pick you up from your lodge with packed lunch and check out, the driver will drive you to the park head office for a briefing about the endangered chimpanzees and after meet the park range along with your tracking gears, packed snacks, and water. This incredible chimpanzee trekking takes about 2 to 5 hours in search of the chimpanzees. Once are found, you will be given 1 hour to watch them while you study their behavior as you take pictures for your remembrance, see them how they play on tree branches.
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth NP: After trekking, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park, the drive takes 2:20 hour to reach to Queen. You will arrive check-in at the lodge for rest, dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Morning Game drive and Boat cruise
- Morning Game drive: You will wake up early, have breakfast with donuts and embark for an early morning game drive in the Kasenyi sector. During your game drive, expect to be to see the tree-climbing lions, elephants, buffaloes, leopards, waterbucks, antelopes like giraffes, warthogs, kob many more. After the game drive, you will then return to the lodge for lunch as you wait for a late afternoon boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: After relaxing at 2 pm, you will go on a boat cruise along the impressive kazinga channel where you will be able to see a huge number of hippos, crocodiles, other wildlife species along the water banks and water birds. After the boat cruise drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: You wake up early, have breakfast and check out from the lodge, and your driver or guide will pick you up and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park in south western Uganda a place of primates. From Queen to Bwindi Impenetrable national park the journey it takes 2 hours’ drive to reach there. Since Bwindi has four gorilla trekking sectors, you will have to use a simple route to one of this sector could be Ruhija sector which is located on the Eastern side of the park. Arrive in Ruhija region to your lodge which is a bit close to the gorilla family in Ruhija sector you will be trekking. After arriving you will check in have your lunch.
- Batwa Trail Experience: After lunch, you go encounter in Batwa trails where you will be filled with lots of excitement through meeting the Batwa people who are good in storytelling and their traditional dance which is quite amazing. You can as well learn how to prepare the local food to have a taste, participate in their crafting making. You go back to the lodge for dinner and overnight as you get ready for tomorrow’s gorgeous gorilla trekking activity.
Day 5: Gorilla Trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: You will wake up early, have breakfast at the lodge and with packed lunch, your drive or guide will pick you up from the lodge and drives you to the starting point where you will be briefed about gorilla trekking rules and regulations and the group to engage in gorilla trekking has to be 8 in number or below that number but depending on their interests and physical fitness. Note that, Ruhija sector is one of the sectors in Bwindi with habituated gorilla families where each gorilla family is visited by limited number of 8 people and once gorillas are found you will be given one hour face to face will your closest cousins watch them as they play, swing on the tree branches, grooming themselves, displaying their net high on the tree. Gorilla trekking is an unpredictable activity in that you can either take a short period of time or a long period of time for about 2 to 8 hours depending on the location of the gorilla family you’re trekking too. After trekking the driver will drive you back to the lodge for refreshment, dinner, and overnight.
Day 6: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: You will wake up early have breakfast and check out, your driver or guide will pick you up and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi known as Switzerland of Africa and deepest in Uganda. Lake Bunyonyi host over 29 islands and each island has a different story behind it. The journey from Bwindi to Lake Bunyonyi takes 2 driving hours.
- Boat Ride: You will arrive and check in to your lodge or hotel after you will go for the boat ride in a dugout canoe on the lake where you will be able to view various beautiful bird species as well as visiting the island on the lake After the boat cruise, you will go back to the lodge rest and have lunch.
- Community Walk/Batwa Experience: Latterly on in the late afternoon, you will have evening community walk where you will get meet with the Batwa people, Bakiga who are good at performing traditional dancing, visit their homestead and they teach you how to cook on firewood among others. After community walk, drive back to lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: You will wake up have to breakfast and check out to the lodge, your driver will pick up from the lodge to transfer to Kampala. Using the Mbarara route, on your way, you will have lunch en route at the Igongo culture central after your lunch you will visit a mini-museum, craft shop, then proceed with your journey to Kampala to be dropped to your hotel or Entebbe Airport to catch up will your flight.
End of 7 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates tour
See also: 18 Days Uganda Budget Tour